Understanding Public and Products Liability
Business owners have a responsibility to third parties – customers, employees, suppliers and the community; and third party property. Being held accountable for grievances can negatively impact your reputation and finances.
What is covered
Your selected limit of Indemnity covers your business in the event that you become legally liable to pay compensation for personal injury and/or property damage, and will be covered if it occurs within Australia and as a result of an occurrence in connection with your business.
Personal injury cover
- Death, bodily injury, sickness, disease, disability, shock, fright, mental anguish and mental injury
- False arrest, wrongful detention or imprisonment, and malicious prosecution
- Wrongful eviction
- Assault or battery
- Libel, slander, defamation of character or invasion of the right of privacy, occurring during the period of insurance.
Property damage cover
- Actual physical loss of or physical destruction of tangible property
- The loss of use of tangible property which has not been physically damaged but cannot be used due to physical damage to other tangible property which occurs during the period of insurance.
Select your Limit of Indemnity
Customers are able to select their Limit of Indemnity for either:
- $5 Million Dollars
- $10 Million Dollars
- $20 Million Dollars